Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Greatness of Our God / My Wickedness Revealed

This was written by my husband while I was in Africa this last time...

I started to call our on my God. My mind drifted so much. Several times I started to get up. I really was angry with myself for being so distracted. "God is here and I cannot even focus on Him." Then the song, "Your Presence" and I started begging God for His Presence. Then, "Forever Reign" and I asked Him to reign in my wicked ehart. Then, "The Greatness of our God" came on and I asked to see His greatness for I knew this is always the answer!

Forget my weakness and see His Strength!!

Give me eyes to see More of who You are. May what I behold, still my anxious heart.

Take what I have known And break it all apart. For You my God, are greater still.

No sky contains. No doubt restrains. All You are. The greatness of our God.

I spend my life to know. And I'm far from close to all You are. The greatness of our God.

Give me grace to see beyond this moment here. To believe that there is nothing left to fear.

That You alone are high above it all. For You my God, are greater still.

And there is nothing that can ever separate us. There is nothing that can ever separate us from Your love.

No life, no death, of this I am convinced. You my God, are greater still.

My heart was lit on fire! There it is!! The GREATNESS OF OUR GOD! That I cannot be separated from HIM! Here I sit 18 years after giving my life to Him and I still struggle with running to empty things and sometimes do! Here I sit letting my mind drift to empty things BUT HE STILL DOES NOT LEAVE ME! What a miracle! It was amazing , beyond my understanding, the He saved me in the first place.

But how much more amazing is it that he does not leave me after 18 years of sin. There has not been a day that I have not fell short! Sure most of the outward sin is gone. Sure he has purified me for those 18 years but I still fall short every day. This is the greatest of all miracles! It is so funny to me that some act as if miracles are not real. They have a hard time believing in the Virgin birth, the parting of the Red Sea. HAHA! Are you kidding me those are child's play, of course if there is a God those things are easy.

Hearing that God ALMIGHTY parted the Red sea is like hearing that I was able to breathe! It is such a simple power that I do not even have to think to perform it. Instead the critic should say, "You expect me to believe that God stays with You!" Some are amazed that God parted the Red Sea I am amazed that He took the rebellious Israelites through it! Some are amazed that He raised Lazarus from the dead I am amazed when he says about those mourning that, "He was deeply moved in spirit and troubled." (John 11) Some are amazed that He healed the woman with the issue of blood. (Luke 8:43) but I am amazed that he told her, "Go in peace."

I am amazed that I have spit in the face of the Almighty! That I have cried "Crucify Him!"...that I have at times traded my time with Him for a bowl of soup!

And yet He HAS FILLED ME WITH PEACE TONIGHT! WITH NO ONE ELSE TO FILL ME I AM FILLED WITH HIM!

"What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?" (Psalm 8:4) If I heard that you consumed the stars for breakfast and planets for a snack it would not amaze me. The heavens themselves are a small wonder compared to YOUR DAILY FORGIVENESS FROM THOSE WHO CALL ON YOUR NAME! AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN YOU FORGIVE US! We have murdered Your Son! But through Him we now are your sons and will be his servants!! HAHA! I cannot stop laughing at how ironic is. We get to be your children! If I was a critic that is what i would attack. That God would listen to me tonight and give me peace! WOW! AWESOME!! GLORY!!! BEYOND OUR IMAGINATIONS!! LIFE GIVING! EMPOWERING! What a great miracle is there other than me laying down in Peace with His Blessing and Presence.

Behold the Greatness of Our God!!

Behold the Greatness of our God! That I can lay my head on the pillow tonight and be at peace with HIM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome post!
Thank you for sharing!