Tuesday, April 19, 2011

HE IS CONSTANTLY HERE WITH US!

Lexi and her brother Dresden have been living with us since I came home from Africa. We are fostering these children while her mom has a new baby and transitions back into being a mom full time. When I pulled into the parking lot to take Lexi into her new school the song by Charlie Hall titled, Constantly Here With Us came on the CD I was listening to. I looked in my rear view mirror and could tell Lexi was sad. I asked her if she was listening to the words of the song, if she knew that God was constantly here with her. I asked her if she believed that when I left her with her new teacher that Jesus would not leave her, but instead be with her every second of the day until I picked her up. She said yes. I asked her who is the One Person who would never leave or forsake her. She whispered, God. OH MY GOODNESS...how my heart was made alive through her simple, child-like faith. It was so hard to drop her off...even though I knew Dad-Jerome would be there in 3 hours to bring her chicken strips and a vanilla shake and eat lunch with her in the cafeteria. I drove off with so many emotions. Once I felt settled in Him, I get a call from my husband asking me to edit a note he wrote for Lexi so he could give it to her when they had their lunch date this afternoon. Here is what he wrote:



To Sweet Lexi,



I want to tell you that the God has filled my heart with Love for you. I will do everything I can to protect and cherish you. I want to show you the gentle love that Jesus has for you. I am very happy that God has brought you to our house. I look forward to us all doing many things as a family.



I am here for you as best that I can be. If you need someone to read to you, I will do it. If you need someone to pray with you, I will do it. If you need someone to talk to, I will listen. If you need anything, I will try to provide. I am however limited. But there is one thing that I want to do more than anything else… To show you that there is a GOD who‘s love for you has no limits! Who is with you no matter where you are. I pray that you will see Jesus in the things that I do! I pray that you realize that everything we do is because His love for you fills us!



He is the one who created the furthest star but He also created your smile and every curly hair on your head! You are His masterpiece and His thoughts are always on you. He knows your every thought and every feeling in your heart! Remember to pray to Him! He is there with you in everything you do and will make sense out of everything in your life. He will grow you into a great woman filled with Love and Joy if you will set your life on Him!



This is what I want to show you more than anything else!! That He loves you with a Love as strong as a river and that is why He has brought you to our house!



Love,

God Dad Jerome

OK, you guys, really. I have the most amazing husband, the most amazing life and best of all the most amazing God who has made my next breath possible. I can not tell you how full my heart is of love for HIM!

I love that we are all one family in Christ. I love that we can help parent and love children all over the world if we choose. I love that we can reach out to single moms,orphans, the fatherless, our neighbors, the lost and hurting and make a real difference because He lives inside of us. I love that if we lose our lives for His sake that we find true life in Jesus!

I do not deserve to have this beautiful life....and yet it makes me love Him so much more!

If I tagged you in this note it is because we wanted to fill you in on the new thing that God is doing in our lives.

No comments: