Thursday, January 14, 2010

Your Love is More Commendable Than Mine


When I go away to Sierra Leone to love on orphans...the one I love the most is here in America...loving with greater sacrifice than me. I want the world to know how important his role is in my life and how incredible he is!

My Love,

Each time I go to Sierra Leone, I come back with a deeper love and appreciation for the man of God that you are…the sacrifices you make for the kingdom of God and the way you serve me day to day. Thank you for allowing me the freedom to walk in the plans the Lord has had for me before the foundations of the earth. I could not fulfill the calling on my life unless you were faithful to love and encourage me the way you do.

I am so proud of the way you love God, me, Wendy, our boys and those in Africa who you have never even met. Your love is much more commendable than mine. You are so strong in Him. You do not waiver and have taught me to trust in Him and not in man or human systems. Your mentoring has been invaluable. Your love has been life changing. You are the man of my dreams and I love spending my life with you. I love raising our children together, reaching out to others together and changing the world for His name sake, TOGETHER.

I can’t imagine life without you. I can’t imagine this world without you. You are making such an eternal difference.

I know it is difficult. I know you face many temptations. I know you want more than anything to be as close to the Lord as possible. You have so many distractions and responsibilities and yet you push through, not giving up….seeking Him with all your heart. Your example in this has spurred me on to do the same.

I want you to know that the last 11 years have been a dream come true. I am living out all I ever wanted in Christ with you….together with you.

You are precious to me. Please know that not one thing you have invested in my life has been wasted. God is using all of it…to refine me, to purify me, to draw me near, to cause me to be broken, to teach me about who He is and what I am called to.

I am honored, so honored to be your bride. I know I disappoint you at times and fail you even more…yet you keep these things to yourself and only love and encourage me. You sacrifice in so many ways. God’s love through you is still changing me all these years later.

I know people look at my life and see who I am now in Christ. I want the world to know that I am only who I am because you allowed God to use you to love me to a place of purity.

Jerome, I am able to pour love into the lives of others because you have poured it into my life. Please know that anything God does through me is connected to you…that any crown I may receive to cast at his feet on that day is because of you. My life is an extension of yours.

There is not a day that goes by that I am not amazed that you chose me. I do not deserve you on my very best day. This makes me so thankful to Jesus that He gave you to me! I rejoice at the life we have together. It is a rich treasure that nothing can compare to!

I love you sweet husband. More than you know!

Me

No comments: