Thursday, February 18, 2010

HULK SMASH!

Tonight Jerome took the boys to the gym so I could have some quiet time. Homeschooling 3 boys makes for some really NOISY days :)


I decided to just lay in our bed and pray. My thoughts were all over the place. A friend who is hurting in her marriage, another friend who is frustrated in her singleness, a few sweet teenaged girls who are struggling emotionally, a man who has been recently changed by an addiction...and I began to feel a bit overwhelmed. Ifound it difficult to pray at all.


Then I decided to listen to the book of 1 John on my ipod and try to conjure up some 'love' feelings :) My ipod was already on a song called 'Joy Will Come.' I turned up the volume, snuggled in my cozy bed and decided to try to focus on Him. As I concentrated on the lyrics of the song, my mind did focus on Him. As my thoughts changed, my feelings changed. I began to feel hope for those I was burdened for. I was able to pray for them with confidence. Then my mind started flooding with many people who I have recently seen have a surge in their relationship with God which has resulted in more freedom in their lives. I went from feeling anxious to praising Him because of His goodness!


AAWW...it is good to be in the Presence of the Lord. Sometimes we have to choose this. Sometimes I don't choose this. But I am sure glad tonight I did!


My sweet lil' worship session was interrupted by our ADORABLE 5 year old running into our room wearing his HULK costume. Let me add that he has worn it ALL day, including to the park and the grocery store. I said, "Mommy loves you HULK!" Asher said, "HULK doesn't have mommies. HULK doesn't like girls. HULK smashes buildings!"


I mean really, life is so rich and full of the best things!




















2 comments:

Emily said...

Jesus loves Hulk! And what a cute Hulk he is too! :)

Lisa said...

Love this!!!