Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Story - Intro


I have recently realized that I might seem to be a great mystery to some of you. Most of those that read my blog only know bits and pieces of my story. I hesitate in sharing because I don't want to glorify my past sin...I don't want to draw attention to myself...I don't want to isolate some people because they don't had a "bad past"...

I do however want to offer hope for those who have experienced some of the things I have...or who may know someone who has. I want Him to be lifted up in my life. I pray that by you all seeing where He has brought me from that He would be glorified! I LOVE to hear people's stories and am hoping some of you share the same joy. I suppose I will break it up into seperate posts since it seems the blogger-type thing to do :)

In the beginning I will just state the facts of my past. I want to be clear that the choices I made as an adult are not to be excused because of my childhood. However, things that happened in my childhood gave me a propensity toward certain types of sin. I take full responsibility for my adult choices. I am forever grateful that I am fully forgiven for my past, present and future sins and that they are covered by His blood.

After I state the "before Christ" facts...I will share my journey with Him in more poetic terms. I am so grateful for where He has brought me.

Tomorrow I will share the facts of my life thru age 5...

10 comments:

Kim Heinecke said...

Shanna -- I'm in Holly Schmedt's LIfe Group - She had some great things to say about you and I've seen your link on several other blogs so I finally got around to checking it out!.. Can't wait to read your story. God is so good and he wastes nothing!

Chick4Christ said...

Omg i'm sooo excited to hear it! Even though i lived with you and know alot i'm dont really know everything or the order or the details.
I cant wait to hear everything God has done in your life!
I love you!!
see you soon! :)
I have to take jared home and me and taylor arent getting to hang out before, so we'll go to braums for a quick visit.
So i should be there between 10 and 10:15! Tell the boys i'm looking forward to snuggle time :)
love you!

deleise said...

Can't wait!

Natalie Witcher said...

Can I say I'm looking forward to your past? :) Seriously, I am excited to hear what God did and is doing!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I am going to try to do something similar... Maybe others will to!

Anonymous said...

Bring it, sister. Glory to God.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I'm looking forward to hearing your story. I know it is hard to open yourself up like that, but how awesome that it could help change lives!

Aims said...

I've heard a lot but I've never heard your full testimony. I'm so excited!! I'll be sure to tune in tomorrow. : )

Jenn said...

I can't wait to hear about the mysterious Shanna!!

Unknown said...

Your motive in sharing is so pure and I thank you for disclosing this to all! Your are treasured. I've already read the part 1 and am amazed at God by it already!