Saturday, May 9, 2009

My Love


I REALLY am married to the most amazing man on the planet. I am convinced that he is one of the very few who actually 'get me' and loves me anyway. I am a godly woman today because He has allowed the Lord to love me through him. I was not always easy to love, and I am still not at times!

He has always supported me in my various ministry addictions. He has been the one to keep me focused and balanced, yet cheering me on all the way. If it weren't for his encouragement I would have never got on that first plane to Sierra Leone. Because he loves me so much he keeps encouraging me to return to our African family. I wish I had words to describe how wonderful this man of mine is.

I wll let you read his words so you can see his heart. He gave me a card the last time I returned from Sierra Leone. Here is what it said:

Wife,

You being away is something "I will never get used to." I feel such a deep appreciation for you right now. To think that God has given me a one in a million woman like you helps me know that He loves me. No one that I know has the inner and outer beauty that you have. But I want you to know that I appreciate all of the things you do. It is so beautiful to see how you love our boys and Wendy. How you take care of us. You are truly a servant of HIM. And it makes me so proud of you that you are loving our children in Africa the way you do. I know God is moving through you to love the orphans. You are loving HIM in the deepest way. I do not deserve to be with someone so giving. But now that I have been blessed with your company I can never get used to being away from you.

Love,
Jerome

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh Shanna!!! I love the way you two love eachother. I remember when Steven and I were courting just watching you two and admiring and hoping we would be so in love and share that kind of intimacy and unity. Thank you for being such an example and inspiration of what Christ meant marriage to me be. I love you to more than I have words for, Jenny

My name is Melissa, but you can call me Missy said...

AWE~!! How thoughtful of him to write down his feelings to share them with you~!!! That's so sweet.

Unknown said...

THIS is exactly what God had designed when he made marriage. You two are so wonderful for each other! Praise to HIM forever!!!!