Monday, May 4, 2009

EVE's April outreach update




I was a topless dancer in Oklahoma City from ages 18 to 20. I danced in Dallas from ages 20 to 22. This is the lifestyle God rescued me from. I am thrilled to be serving with a ministry that is reaching out to the topless dancers of Oklahoma City. With the power of His love we are pushing back darkness and pursuing these precious women with His kindness. Please read the highlights from our April outreach written by my good friend Delissa.

April's outreach blew our minds!

We walked into the first club and within seconds the name of Jesus belted through the speakers. This set the tone for the entire rest of the evening. His name high and lifted up!

At the very next club, we had our first opportunity to sit down and gladly lend an ear to a girl that was in an abusive situation at home. It wasn't by way of our prodding, though. We simply stood there in amazement as the bar staff and patrons alike welcomed us into the "intervention." A gentleman at the bar cheered us on and said, "what you guys are doing is really needed." The bartender went as far as to say, "Jill, you have had such a hard day and you've been saying how badly you need someone to talk to! This is not a coincidence that these women came in tonight!" Secretly I thought to myself, don't answer that! After the initial shock of the fact that we were about to have a sit-down right there in the middle of a club, I hopped on to the Spirit's shoulders and went with it. After listening to her, we were able to share with her that God has never and will never let us down!

Then at another stop, we were able to be the shoulders to cry on. We passed a sweet girl from shoulder to shoulder as tears poured down her cheeks. She started by saying "I love Jesus, we just fall short sometimes, ya know?" We said we knew EXACTLY what she meant. She followed with, "I have been wanting to go to church, but I don't have anyone to go with me." We told her we would go with her to any church she chose! She just cried and cried. You could tell it even surprised her how God was moving in her to soften her heart. I'm pretty sure meeting up with openly, Spirit-filled humans wasn't on her radar that Friday night. She needed a good safe place to experience herself as the sweet creation she is and we got to be there and be a part of it!

God is so amazing!! No, REALLY AMAZING!!

Thank you all who supplied lotion, financial support and conversations with God on their behalf...I hope this gives you a glimpse into the work you are a part of.

May's gift is a personal size bottle of bubble bath! We are wanting to add 2 more clubs this month, so we are needing 150 bottles. Go body of Christ, go! Eternal beings UNITE!
Love is a lifestyle...


luvluv
d

2 comments:

Deziray Click said...

AWESOME, where do you want donations, I could leave some buble bath on my porch in a bag, I'll send my address through e-mail. When is good for you?

shanna said...

Thank you Dez! You ROCK! Love you!