Tuesday, April 28, 2009

He is the Answer

It has been over 12 years since I first started chasing after Him. I would have never dreamed that it was going to be like this. I have been through different phases of 'ministry.' I have been through different phases of 'healing.' While everything around me seems ever-changing, He has been the one constant in my life. I have found He has always been and always will be the Answer. I have also found my 'healing' comes through 'ministry.'

In laying my issues on the alter, putting my focus on loving Him by loving others, my healing comes. In going where He leads me, no matter the sacrifice, joy comes. In my weakness, crying out to Him, strength comes. In confusion, choosing to trust Him, peace comes. In surrendering my dreams to take on His desires I am given more than I could possibly hope for. As I live out the crucified life I am finding purpose beyond measure. In losing my life for His sake I am finding it, every day.

Some days I feel so close to Him that I could fly away...so full of love for Him and others that my heart could burst. Some days I feel as though I am drowning in my weakness. One day I feel as though I am living and moving in step with His Spirit. The next day I feel as though my emotions are leading me to places far from Him.

As I allow Him to sift my emotions through His Truth day after day this is what I find. My life is not about me. It is not about my comfort and happiness or any other good feeling I may try to conjure up with the help of a little god. When I buy into this lie I am trapped. When I believe the Truth I am set free. The Truth is that I was created in the image of Christ. My life has always been intended to look like His. This includes humility, sacrifice, servant hood, love. True love, the kind that chooses to do what is right...the kind that seeks another's highest good over my own...the kind of love that does not ignore poverty or oppression but seeks justice...the kind of love that proves itself through action!

It is my prayer that my life would look more like this every day. It is my desire that I would decrease so that He can increase. May every person who is chasing after Christ with me live the crucified life, walk in the truth and share His love with a hurting world. His love is the Solution. He always was and always will be The Answer!

Matthew 16:24-26
24Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25For whoever wants to save his life[h] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. 26What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?

1 comment:

My name is Melissa, but you can call me Missy said...

What an amazing blog. You are forever an inspiration to me Shanna~!

I struggle so deeply with the same things. I'm still learning how to enjoy letting go though. I think you might be a step or two a head of me in that department~!

Thanks so much for sharing~!