Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The greatest of these is love.











Hello Mum Shanna,

It is a great pleasure to write you this letter. This is one of my best trips you have ever visited us. I really enjoy this trip, you are such a good and sweet mum to me. I hope July trip will be like this one by hugging each other, going to the market, playing football match. The smile you gave me always makes me to feel good and happy. You will always be in my heart and also in my prayers. Your encouragement towards me makes me to turn my sorrow to joy. Just like what the bible says in 1 Corinthians 13:13 "Now faith, hope and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love." And your love towards me is so great. Please extend my greetings to my Dad Jerome and my three brothers at home.

Much Love,
Abu Bakarr (Big)

Oh how I love this boy! He is ALWAYS smiling. I am not exaggerating. He has the brightest, most beautiful smile of anyone I have ever known. He is the captain of the White Lions football team and takes great pride in this role. He often dances even when no one is around and there is no music playing. He is free-spirited. He lives to serve and serves with a happy heart. He is one of the first children in the home to attend a university. He is confident in the Lord's plans for Him. He believes God will use him to change his nation, so do I! He has become a son to me.

3 comments:

My name is Melissa, but you can call me Missy said...

What a precious letter~!!! Thank you for sharing~!

Mimi said...

These pictures totally give us a visual aid of his heart and what you say about him. Thanks for sharing him, his life with us!!

Deborah Lange said...

awww Abu bakarr!!! I love him! He is so much fun and is such an awesome man of God and leader over the other children!!