Tuesday, April 21, 2009

We love you as Christ does...






Hi Mom Shanna,
To my sweet Mom Shanna, the one who I have in my dream always with the Lord Jesus Christ. Thank you for your time you spend with us, it helps us to learn more about God and we love it. Mom Shanna I want you to know that you are such a precious woman who has been a blessing to us. We want you to know we love you as Christ does. I want you to know that you are beautiful, precious and blessed in heaven. You show love to us as a parent and we will never forget it in our life time in this earth and also in heaven. I hope one day we will see you again together as one in heaven. I want you to know that God is sending you into this world to do His work and to save His people. Mom Shanna thank you so much for your gifts you send us, like the bibles, the dressing, the word you share with us and the rest of the things that I can't be able to remember. I want you to know that I love you mom Shanna. I like you so much mom. You are the one who I have in my dream. I love you mom.
From your daughter Mary 1 Rugiatu Kamara

Mary is so precious to me. My second visit we let the kids decorate T-shirts with puffy paint. Most of them wrote their favorite verses and then wore them proudly. Mary came to me and told me we had run out of T-shirts before she got one. I gave her one of my tank tops to decorate. Later that evening she brought it to me and gave it back as a gift. I held it out expecting to read her favorite bible verse. Instead, she had wrote in big letters 'I LOVE YOU MOM.' This was such a picture of God's love for me personally. I was willing to go to Africa to give and serve, yet one of the main reasons He sent me was to pour His love into my life through these precious ones. Mary was loving me as Christ does...a love that I do not deserve!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stubbled your blog when googling a while back and read a bit and you are an inspiring person. I read it a bit about your stays in Africa, and thought WOW! Wel I just finished reading "A long way gone" the story about the boy soldier, and I just stumbled across your blog again, and now all the pieces connect. Why they have some many orphan children, and the need that's there, and my eyes were opened even more and am even more amazed by these children and the work you are doing. Praise God they have people like you and so many others to guide them. God's works and connects things in such crazy ways. May God continue to use you to guide and mother these children as they push you further into the arms of the Lord with their amazing talents, grief, strength and the prayers and gratitude you will lift on their behalf...and may God continue to protect and provide for all the children there. Thank you for sharing. You are an inspiration to keep going and keep trusting God.