Wednesday, April 8, 2009

'Mother of Many Nations'














Dear Mom,
Thank you so much for spending time with my brothers and sisters in the home. I also want to thank you for all the provision and shopping. If I fail to thank you it does not mean I am not grateful. I just want to express my love and appreciation to you and everybody in the family. I will continue to pray so that you will continue to come to our nation, Sierra Leone. God has blessed us with a lovely mother like you. I tell you this I will never forget you in my heart and memories, including my prayers. God has blessed me through you in many ways. He answered my prayer through you. You are the sweetest mother that I ever meet with. Thank you for caring for me and always remember me in your thoughts. God will bless you always. You are like Sarah, the wife of Abraham because God has blessed your nation and He has given you so many children both in the USA and in Africa. You are mother of many nations. God loves you and He is always there for you. I want you to say hello to everybody.
I love you,
Gabriel

This letter is from one of the boys in the home, Gabriel. He just turned 19. He loves to play soccer (football). He is on the White Lions football team. He also coaches the football team for the younger boys in the home. He feels a great sense of responsibility towards all of the younger children in the home. He wants to be a doctor one day. He is dedicated to his studies. He is a servant. I have seen him many times put others above himself and help others who are weaker than he. He is very funny and playful. Younger children are drawn to him. He is active and takes risks when others won't. He is sensitive, yet strong. He likes to write poetry. He plays the guitar and has an amazing voice. He loves to worship God through music. He believes that the Lord is preparing him to be a Nehemiah of his nation, so do I. He has a heart for the lost. He acknowledges the Lord's hand in all of his accomplishments big or small. He loves the Lord deeply from a place of brokenness, humility and worship. He is my son.

2 comments:

My name is Melissa, but you can call me Missy said...

How absolutely stunning a character. Thank you so much for sharing.

Mimi said...

It has been great for me to catch up on your latest journey to Sierra Leone.