Wednesday, July 10, 2013

He Calls Us Friends!

Jerome typed a rough draft of our financial records...what has come in and gone out thru KOMEO...for our donors and sponsors to see. He also typed up all the needs that have been met since Summer Gordon agreed to be a living sacrifice as our missionary in SL. He sent it to Shana Rutz and i to edit. (He loves Jesus but bless his heart he can't spell very well, we just laugh and blame it on his missing finger!) Shana works full time, runs our non-profit with every other waking moment and as for me, well, i have 7 kids....so eventually these will get edited and emailed out. AND I'M SOOOOO EXCITED!!! Here is why....

When looking this over for some reason it makes me cry tears of joy for all He has done thru us, the weak and powerless!!!!  All the attacks, all the persecution, all the fears and anxieties, all the effort, all the time and money, I count it ALL as great joy because I count our lives as NOTHING except knowing Christ and making Him known and living out His commands with all of HIS power which works so powerfully in us...us, the dust that He daily breathes life into...us, the ashes He shows His beauty thru...us, the cracked jars of clay that He shines His glory thru. Lord let us lie down low with the orphan, widow, oppressed, thirsty, hungry, poor, broken. Let us suffer with them. Weep with them. Give them food and water and clothes and love and Hope knowing we are really giving those things to YOU! Let us not be strayed from your call to this and let us push every hindrance aside to do Your will with whatever strength, help and resources You provide. Let us have confidence with a clear conscience that one day we will bow before you knowing we lived to carry Your Name in all the earth and do Your will!!!  Thank you precious Lord and King for calling us friends and letting us be a part of Your great work in Sierra Leone as well as our own nation...for such a time as this!!!!

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. This is my command: Love each other. (John 15:13-17 NIV)

Be encouraged fellow co-laborers. John 15 is what He is enabling every person connected with KOMEO to live out. Every prayer partner, every donor, every sponsor, every encourager, every missionary, every helper. He is bearing much fruit thru HIS ministry. He is using this small Gideon-like army with our fearful, fumbling, imperfect efforts to do great and mighty things that matter in His kingdom! Thank you for loving the least of these along side us with your time, money, prayers, support. You are holding our hands up in the battle!!!!

WE ARE SO BLESSED TO BE CALLED HIS FRIENDS!!!!

No comments: