Friday, July 12, 2013

The Battle for our Hearts

So many people gathered in our home last night as we worshipped the Living Water. The well for our souls that NEVER runs dry. We celebrated the great work God is doing thru Richard Moore III and thanked Jesus for it all! But then I woke up feeling hopelessness and in despair. I looked at all the work...work that needed to be done in my heart and the hearts of those in SL for the nation to REALLY be changed.

 A water well installed is great and should be celebrated....but it will run dry. I knelt on the closet floor that I've been praying and weeping and worshipping in for days and NOTHING. No words could even come into my mind. Then the thoughts came like a flood. What are you even doing thinking you can make a difference? It's too much. It's a mess and will never be undone in your lifetime. Your own heart isn't even pure and you think you can wade thru the mess of the sin in the hearts of so many in a nation who's culture you will never figure out in the 4 mission trips you take each year. You have have a powerful force fighting against you. Your enemies are relentless. Just give up. 

Aawww but then a tiny seed of Hope sprouted up and I just started quietly, slowly whispering all the verses that I KNOW God ordained for me to memorize in past weeks. My faith started growing. I knew He had revealed my own sin and mercy so I could show that mercy to others. So I could hold out Living Hope with passion! He answered my prayer to understand the gospel by first revealing the wickedness and deceit in my own heart and then showed me the power of the gospel in me thru His Cross. The enemy is a Deceiver. Our battle is not against flesh and blood...it is against our Enemy  is fought and won in our hearts thru the Cross. THERE IS NO STRONGHOLD HE CAN'T BREAK. NO LIFE HE CAN'T SAVE. NO RUINS HE CAN NOT REVIVE! He CAN use us to make a difference as we humble ourselves and pray, memorize and meditate on His Truth, put it into practice by His power and worship Him thru every trial, attack and persecution with hands lifted high NO MATTER HOW WE FEEL!

Lord, fight for us and they us like the mighty Warrior You are! We want to see Your glory!!!  We give our lives for this!!!!

No comments: