Thursday, January 24, 2008

Community















Jerome and I led a life group for 5 years. We then took an extended break. We have recently become a part of a new life group. It has had me thinking of how much we crave and need community. I love that in our group we have different personalities, perspectives, upbringings, spiritual gifts and more, yet our love for Christ binds us together. I love how we sharpen one another and encourage each other in our faith. It is a beautiful thing! Do you have a sense of community in your life?

4 comments:

Jenny-K said...

I have been longing to be in another Life group, but I want my hubby to want to go too. It's not that he doesn't want to be in a group, I just don't think we've found the right one. I lead an LOL group, so I get my ladies bible study, but I'm still missing the 'couples group' atmosphere.

shanna said...

Jenny...I highly recommend finding a small group for you and your hubby. I had really missed Jerome and I being in a couple's bible study together. It is so refreshing.

Amy...I can't wait to hear what all God is doing thru the Refuge! I love the focus and passion God has gvien you and Josh for the poor and needy!

Tim and Christie said...

I have more than community...I have FAMILY. :) By far, one of the richest blessings He has given me on this earth! To anyone not plugged in with a community of others passionate about following Jesus...Press past the fear and TRUST. Trust God...Trust others, or if thats hard for you, Trust the God in others. Trust Him to protect your heart and then just put it out there and live this life with the support and encouragement and accountiblity that He gives through your brothers and sisters...OK, I obviously have TOO much to say about this...maybe I should go type it on my own blog! :)

Love you!

shanna said...

Christie...we are definitely FAMILY! I love this line...

Trust God...Trust others, or if thats hard for you, Trust the God in others

I think distrust and fear are the biggest reasons people do not get connected into intimate community...but when you choose to trust Him in others there is so much to gain!