Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My Story - Part 15

My mom showed up at my apartment with my mammaw shortly after. I was so shocked! She was suppose to be in the hospital dieing. She looked like death walking. She was so thin and frail. I couldn't believe it. He answered my prayer! He let my mom live!

I do want to say that thru all of this He gave me the grace to know He was good...no matter what. If my mom had died I truly think I would have still embraced Him knowing He was good. I have never been mad at God. I have never blamed God for any of my sufferings. I knew that we lived in a sinful world and that man was fallen. I always knew the problem lie with man and not with God. This could only be His power giving me the strength to believe in Him no matter what had happened in my past or would happen in my future. I had Him and was beginning to realize that it was all I needed. It was a liberating feeling!



I had lost my job at the insurance company thru all of this and I had to find a job close enough to walk. I loved kids. There was a day care close to my apartment and I got a job taking care of 2 year olds. I loved it. I had the best talks with God as I would walk back and forth to work. I felt like He was making all things new and it sometimes seemed as though I could feel the change taking place. One day on my way to work I saw a butterfly and felt clearly that He showed me I was a caterpillar and He was making me into a butterfly as I was in His cocoon. I was in the most romantic relationship of my life and I loved it!

4 comments:

Theresa said...

That is a beautiful story about the butterfly. What a symbol to relate too.

Robin Meadows said...

You are a TREASURE!

Anonymous said...

That is sweet!

Anonymous said...

And what a beautiful butterfly you have become for all the world to see.
What beatuty he brings when we do not waste our life avoiding the cacoon! When do not wish it away! We are so blessed when we have no place to lie out head but in the cacoon. Oh sweet pain and emptyness lie within! and oh what strength are avaliable on the other side.

Why do so many people distract themself with their things and relationships. If they would only sit still and "let go" and enter the cacoon. Then they would stop saying "Why is it not working for me" "Why do I not feel Him" "Why do I feel empty inside" . Instead they would say "JOY" "PEACE" "PATIENCE" "KINDNESS" "SELFCONTROL" LOVE is found in the cacoon