Wednesday, March 19, 2008

SORRY!

I know I have left you all hanging way to long!

Life has got in the way. I am going to try and spend some time this evening and write a few posts. I intend on going all the way to where I am now. Thank you for bearing with me.

I want to address two things.

I had someone sweetly approach me because of my last post. It was left in such a way that she assumed I was going to say something negative about the Baptist Church I first attended. I want to assure you all that I have no problem with the Baptist denomination. I in fact had a wonderful experience at the Baptist Church I attended. It was definitely interesting because of me....not because of the people there. I will get to that on the next post.

I am however going to address my issues with the "Word Faith" doctrine that was heavily taught in the second church I attended. I know this may offend some but it is part of my story. The church that taught this false doctrine was a charismatic church. There are lots of wonderful charismatic churches! In fact there were many wonderful people in that church. My problem is not denominational but it is when His Word is misinterpreted and then a false doctrine is taught to an entire congregation as Truth. I desire above all else to see people study His Word for themselves so they will not be lead astray from the Truth. I will write more when I get to that part of the story.

We have an outreach that meets in local bars and clubs that targets those that have been missed by the church. Our purpose is to draw them in...show them an accurate view of God and then get them plugged into a solid, bible teaching church. We refer those that come in to all different denominations of churches that we know have good biblical teaching.

The second thing.

It was brought to my attention that some reading may not have a relationship with Christ. If you are interested in talking with me about how to start your own journey with Him I would love to talk and pray with you. Please contact me at shannacrawford@hotmail.com.

You have no idea what it means to me that you all take the time to read my story and encourage me. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the body of Christ!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back! Can not wait to hear the grand finale of your incredible story. Love you!

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you'll be posting soon...You're sweet and can't wait to hear the rest!

Anonymous said...

Actually, the grand finale of your story will be when you meet your amazing savior face-to-face ~ but you know what I meant. :)

Robin Meadows said...

Still hangin' with ya! Love your heart the more I read!!

Unknown said...

I treasure your heart, Shanna!

Natalie Witcher said...

Are you kidding! I love reading how Christ changes people!