Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Beauty of Your Peace

I was wrapping presents last night in my bedroom listening to worship. One song in particular stuck out to me. Part of the lyrics say..."Take from our hearts the strain and stress and let our whole lives confess the beauty of Your peace."

I was thinking about my life in particular...it used to be characterized by strain and stress. Now thru my relationship with God it is characterized by peace. Of course I have times of strain and stress but it no longer defines my life.

As I was listening to the lyrics of the songs I was reflecting on this past week...

We had several Christmas parties where there was fun and laughter and fellowship and community.

We had a Happy Birthday Jesus Party for our kids and 2 of the families we adopted for Christmas. My closest friends and I pooled our time and money to show the love of Christ to a few families that were in need. It was joyful chaos...it was beautiful.

I went to dinner with my girlfriends and we literally laughed and laughed and laughed for hours. It was a comic relief in the midst of the hectic week.

I went to see a movie with Jerome, Wendy and the boys. We were the only ones in the theater. Towards the end Jerome chased the boys around the theater for fun.

I am living a life of worship to Him. I have some of the best friends on the planet. I have a sweet, precious family. I have a heart that seeks Him. I have chased Him down and He has given me His peace. I am so thankful for all that I have found in Him. I love that thru Him I can trade my mourning for laughter and my stress for peace. There is no one like our God!

He wants to do nothing less for you than He has done for me. Do you know the beauty of His peace?

Coming soon...my thoughts and the highlights of my husband and I's conversations on the old testament scriptures I have been reading....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your words are very sweet and full of peace. It soothed my soul.