Tuesday, December 18, 2007

White as Snow


Isaiah 1:18

18 "Come now, let us reason together," says the Lord. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.


A few days ago I was watching Jerome and the boys playing in the snow...


I began pondering all the Lord has done for me...all He has brought me thru...at the marvelous way He took my old life with sin and bondage and hopelessness and shame...and gave me this new one in its place. He has made ALL things new in my life. Nothing resembles the person I was 12 years ago. This life I have in Him is a life filled with love and honor...both of which I did nothing to deserve. I know that apart from Him I have nothing of value!


He has given me purpose. He has given me hope in my trials. He has given me people to love. He has given people to love me. He has given me a husband that serves me and lays down his life for me. He has given me precious boys to raise up in Him.


My most valued treasure is this real, living and active relationship I have with Him. My desire for more of Him increases with each year...it never fades. The more of Him I know...the more of Him I want to know.


I will never be able to understand how He has made me who I am today. Only a Miracle Worker could turn a promiscuous, drug addicted stripper into a faithful, godly woman. I still feel like I am dreaming sometimes. I just marvel and think...."How did you do this in me Lord, How?" Right now I only see in part...but one day I will know Him fully, even as I am fully known!








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He did it, Shanna, because you said yes. You opened your heart to Him. I'm so glad you did.

Robin Meadows said...

Love it! God is good!!

Seth, Annelise, Elijah, & Joshua said...

Reading your blog, I leave feeling pumped! I love your heart, your willingness to abandon all and follow Him.

deleise said...

Yes, you are white as snow. God didn't do anything halfway when he got hold of you, that's for sure! You are an inspiration.