Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Expressions of His Love

I was cleaning out my computer desk tonight and ran across a copy of this poem I wrote a few years back. I thought I would share....

Expressions of His Love
Your affection O Lord, we cannot overcome...
so children must be the fragrance of Your love.
They come into our lives gently whispering your grace...
the impressions they leave cannot be replaced.
They learn and they grow with wonder and awe...
while we hope and we pray that they answer Your call.
Will you shield their hearts from evil that abounds?
Will they welcome your mercies that come raining down?
Let them hunger for you, that's what we desire...
may they carry out Your mission with passion and fire!
For the task of directing the valuable lives...
we depend on Your Word and brokenness at times.
These are the seasons that we fall to our knees...
Crying out for the answers that our eyes cannot see.
It is then that you call us out of our pain...
and into the Presence of Your love that sustains.
It is there that you meet us with tenderness and care...
may these frailties cause us to be keenly aware...
of the depth of our need to rely on Your Truth.
Let our children see that we are desperate for you!


5 comments:

Tim and Christie said...

Oh my goodness Shanna. What a perfectly painted picture of this season of our lives...Your words illuminate the beauty that is woven into each of our challenging days in Mommy World! Thank you for sharing this!!!

Anonymous said...

This is really awesome. I'm so impressed by poets and songwriters. I can't do either :)

Thank you for this!

Unknown said...

What beautiful word to pray for our little kiddos. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Christie Man said...

You need to get that published. It is soooo good it needs to be shared :) Do you have any more? I was beyond impressed!!! Beautiful!

shanna said...

I only have a few...I can't just write it on my own...God has to inspire me...and I have to be able to sit still long enough to focus...not easy for me :) Remember when we had that Vday party at your house all those years ago Christie M and I wrote one for Jerome and read it out loud...maybe I will dig that one up and post it. LOVE YOU ALL!