Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Creator God


This morning at breakfast the boys and I started talking about how the world began and how it continues on. I found out Micah does not think dinosaurs ever existed and Silas firmly does! (love those boys) As we discussed evolution, the big bang theory and creation we decided to look up information online. We read a bunch of articles and watched several videos. At the end we all agreed that we believe God spoke the world into existance and holds everything together still today.

I am amazed at the order and complexity of our universe. I am more amazed that God has given us the ability to discover parts of this mystery. After our research today I am more stunned than ever by His majesty and power and love. He has created earth for lil' ole us. He has put us in the PERFECT place in space so that our planet can sustain life. If one thing were slightly out of place then everything would fall apart. He is holding all things together.

The One who, in love, has created and sustains planet earth cares about every detail of my life...my boys' lives...the orphans' lives in Africa...the widows' lives in South America and the single moms' lives right here in America. He is sovereign over the events of the earth and the events of our lives. I don't understand even an inkling of it all but by faith and learning to trust Him more and more each day.

He is majestic, powerful and full of love, mercy and justice.

As Mr. Beaver says to Lucy in C S Lewis’ Chronicles of Narnia (the book, not the movie) ”He’s not a tame lion!” Nor is He “safe.”

In that same passage from the book, Lucy asks Mr Beaver if Aslan, the Lion representing Christ, is “safe”. To which he responds, "Safe? Who said anything about safe? 'Course he isn't safe. But he's good. He's the King, I tell you."

Acts 17:28 'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'

2 comments:

ScarsIn2Starz said...

I love your blog..I'm new to this...first day. I love the photo of your and your kids in bed while u are reading to them...awesome. Be blessed sister :)
In His love,
Kimma

ScarsIn2Starz said...

I also would like to ask u if u could help me with puttin pics on the main area...I cant figure it out. and do u know where to get backrounds?