Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Daughters of the King



I had a plan for the teeanged girls' group on Monday. God had another plan. His plan was better. So much better.

These girls AMAZE me.

One of the girls came with a list of honest questions. She wanted to know things from, 'Can you lose your salvation?' to 'Are Jews going to heaven or hell?' to 'Does God talk back when you pray?' to 'If you don't ask for forgiveness for a sin and you die will you still get to go to heaven?' to 'How do people in remote parts of the world who have never heard of Christ get saved?' AND MORE. Her questions, I am certain were prompted by God. It opened up a tremendously wonderful dialogue between all of us. Her questions gave some of the other girls the courage to ask about their own concerns. I will tell you that not all of the girls that come and sit in my living room each week have given their lives to Christ. I have had this feeling for some time. Monday night it was confirmed by at least one of the girls. Can I tell you how happy this makes me.

This is why:

During a worship event friday night a line in one of the songs made me start weeping. The song said, "For all your sons and daughters who are walking in the darkness, You are calling us to lead them back to you."

We were all birthed into this world with the intention that we would become His children, a part of His family. There are those who are walking in darkness and we, as Jesus' followers, are called to lead them back to their Creator, their heavenly Father.

The girls that come to my house each week to hang out and listen to us ramble on about this Jesus we love so much...that allow us to get into their business and live this sometimes messy life with them...are no longer walking in the darkness. The ones that have not yet surrendered their lives to Him, now have hope, that maybe, just maybe this Jesus is the real deal and religion isn't the only option if they choose to follow Him.

The morning after group I cried as I prayed for these precious girls. Tears of joy. I am so humbled that God would allow me to play the smallest role in their lives. While I feel an enormous responsibility for their spiritual well-being, I am humbled that He would allow me to feel this at all. Who am I that I should have such a precious opportunity to pour into the lives of these beautiful daughters of the King!

Psalm 45:11 The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord.

No comments: