Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Jesus is Attractive

I met some new friends this weekend.

I have coffee with Crystal on Saturday mornings. This week her aunt and sister were visiting her for the weekend. Crystal had a plan...to offer her sweet family hope. Her plan included me. She wanted me to come over and casually share my testimony. Once I got there and we all got settled with a cup of coffee I followed Crystal's prompts. Before I knew it as I was sharing, I was enthralled all over again by the sweet, sweet love story of me and my Jesus. He is precious to me...so precious. Apparently they too were enthralled by our love story.



After I left they both opened up and shared how they needed what Crystal and I have. Not religion, but intimacy with the God who fills us with love, joy, peace and hope!



Crystal shared this story with the teenaged girls on Monday. She told them to take heart when they are fearful of sharing Christ with their friends.

Jesus is attractive when He is presented through a life of someone who is madly in love with Him. So please, choose to be madly in love with Him. The world DESPERATELY needs to see this. The needs of people are great. Religion will not do. The gospel is attractive because it works. Jesus changes everything. He doesn't need us to explain or defend Him. He just needs us to tell the world how much He loves them and desires to make all things new in their lives.

I am re-inspired to tell the world of His love one person at a time. Will you join me?

And Crystal, you spur me on sweet friend. Thank you for your contagious compassion! You are loving the Lord with all your heart, in action and in truth!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Amen! People don't need religion-- they need a true, consuming relationship with Jesus! =)

I drive my tractor in pearls... said...

Love this! And He has such a precious, beautiful story with you!

shanna said...

Thank you. Miss you!

Unknown said...

I love this!!! Thank you for writing. What encouragement you bring to me. You are a delight and your life causes me to desire to go Deeper with the LORD. Thank you! Thank you!

shanna said...

Thank you Lisa...your sweet words are precious to me!