Friday, November 27, 2009

Our Royal Position


Esther 4:14 For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?"


As I was reading through Esther the verses above stood out to me like they hadn't before. I kept coming back to them over the next few days.


Here is how they have settled in my heart. I do not want relief and deliverance to arise from another place for even one single person I am called to help. I never want to misuse my royal position in Christ by doing nothing.


Esther was tempted to think she could sit in silence because of her royal position and ignore the edict sent out to destroy the jews. I too find these temptations in my own life.I too have been given a royal position in Christ for a purpose. God does not NEED to use me to bring relief and deliverance to anyone. He is God. He can do this Himself. He could use a donkey if He chose. No, He certainly doesn't need me to accomplish justice or mercy. But the joy when He chooses to use me. The joy. Nothing compares.


I am burdened for many people. I am praying for the Lord to give me the courage to act in these peoples' lives. I do not want to be held back by fear or complacency or intimidation of the needs. I do not want to ignore the injustice all around me. I do not want to ignore the injustice that is half way accross the earth just because it isn't directly in front of me either. I want to go boldly and humbly before my King and ask Him to bring relief and deliverance through me. Please join me. I promise, together we can change the world with His love.

2 comments:

jenny hart said...

VERY beautifully spoken. He could use a donkey if He wanted but He wants to use us, He loves us so much! I feel excited to be living in such a time as this and honored to be called to do anything at all in His name

shanna said...

I am so blessed to have an amazing sis in love who is seeking Him out daily! Love you Jenny!