Monday, November 16, 2009

Sweet Girls



Monday nights are one of my favorite nights of the week. I have a handful or sweet teenaged girls that come hang out at my house. I love to hear about their week, pray, laugh, read and discuss the scriptures, eat, cry and did I say laugh with them :) I love these girls so much!



Tonight we continued our discussion on spiritual gifts. I see them growing and maturing.

I see them tossing aside religion for an active relationship with the living God. I see them seeking Him out through their pain and with their tough questions. I see them having compassion on those who are hurting. I see them seeking to have healthy relationships with their family. I see them taking delight in the Lord and understanding that He takes delight in them.

They have much working against them to have the freedom to be all that God created them to be. So many people and things are crying out for their focus and affections...so many little gods. On many different levels they are turning their hearts towards Him again and again against great opposition. I love these girls like daughters!

This life is He has given me is filled with such joy and purpose.


Well, this post is short and sweet because my boys just got home. Asher ran in and said, "Mommy is your bible group over." I could eat him up he is so stinkin' cute! AAWWW I have the best life!

2 comments:

HOPE! said...

Oh Mom, I miss Monday night group so so much!! It was the best night of the week :)

shanna said...

It isn't the same without you Hopi! I love you!