Sunday, November 15, 2009

Jesus Loves Me


I have felt this conviction to start writing in my blog again...but I haven't felt motivated or inspired. I guess this post is me stepping out in faith and seeing what happens. So you might not be greatly moved by what I write :)

I had a late night party with Jesus 'till 4:30 this morning. I felt so full and content. I prayed and read and meditated and filled my mind with lots of amazing truths! I have been trying to convince myself it's OK if I can't sleep sometimes, well, a lot of times, because Jesus is better than sleep.

As the day has worn on I have worn down. I went from being on a spiritual high at church to crying on my closet floor by this evening to smiling and happy again. (This doesn't surprise some of you. I tend to be labeled as a bit emotional).

It amazes me how powerful our emotions can be. Today, I have scream-laughed because I was so excited to see Sally at church this morning. By lunch I let out a high-pitched squeal because Crystal told me that someone donated the $5,000 we needed to send sweet miss Deborah Lange to Africa. By the time I finished my tortilla soup I was frustrated because I had a stomach ache. Once we got home fatigue really set in and my wildly loud (sweet) boys had my frustration pushed to really bad irritation. Then my husband told me some discouraging news about a situation I was praying about during my middle-of-the-night Jesus party and I ended up crying in my closet with my bible and journal. Jesus wiped away my tears, my sweet husband took my crazy boys to the store so it would be quiet for a few minutes and now I am back to normal...well, kind of :)

I am so thankful that through the highs and lows of our emotions...through life...His love is constant. He doesn't change. He gives a peace and joy and strength that super cedes our circumstances, hormones and whatever else! I have no idea how He puts up with me and loves me so perfectly...but I am so glad He does! I am super in love with Him!!!
Don't ask me how the picture goes with the blog....I just thought it was fun :)

2 comments:

Leana said...

Shanna,
I am so glad you are blogging again! I have missed it!!!

shanna said...

....and I have missed you Leana!